Things I Won't Ever Forget About WUDC
1. Jasmine. We only found out we'd definitely be partners about a day or two before we left for Canada but I was glad to have worked with one of the zaniest debaters I've ever known. :) Ja, thanks for having faith in our (very sudden) partnership, for believing we'd do just fine when I felt I had nothing else to go on with, for giving the tournament your all. Team C's mantra for the tournament: Fighting spirit. 'Yan na lang ang meron tayo..
2.Steph. My performance wasn't all stellar, I suppose,but I dedicated all 9 rounds to Steph who, in a very strange way, understands me in a way few people do. I was looking forward to competing with you but I'm very happy that you did wonderfully with Miko. :) I missed you, Sheep. :)
3. Denny's. It's the diner we frequented a lot during our stay. People shouldn't wonder why a lot of North Americans (Don't include Jasmine in the count. And, yes, she has an American passport. XD) are obese. XD
4. New Year's Eve countdown. I welcomed 2007 with Miko and Steph. We watched the countdown on Thurlow Street while we were heading to 7-11. My 31st was pretty uneventful. Had dinner with the contingent, hung out at Sharms' room, walked to 7-11 with Sheep and Miko, watched the countdown, went back to the hotel, made a few calls, bonded with Jaja then slept. Not quite festive but strangely satisfying. :)
5. WUDC and Post-WUDC Shopping. Shopping's the best form of therapy, I guess (especially when it seems like 'SALE' signs were plastered all over). Sharms probably shopped the most! XD My dad didn't know I was such a sucker for perfume until I got back and unloaded 7 bottles of the same thing and 2 of another all for myself from my luggage. Post-WUDC shopping with my dad went well. Scored a few things I normally wouldn't get on my own.
6. Chars, Leloy, Sharms, Miko. I've said this before and I'm saying it again: I learned from the best. :)
7. Hirits on Ocean Life. Must've began when the airport lady gave us ocean-life viewing brochures and we were like, "At this time of the year?". We all aren't fans of sea urchins, dolphins, whales--basically things that reside in water. Not when Canada was soo cold.
8. Pick-up Lines and Jesus Jokes. Flirts and Heretics = deadly combination. XD
Are you from Jamaica? Coz you're Jamaican me crazy. (WEH.)
Do you have a quarter? I told my mom I'd call her when I see the girl of my dreams. (courtesy of Miko)
Do you believe in love at first sight or do you want me to walk by again? (courtesy of Miko again)
Bakit hindi ka mauuhaw pag kasama mo si Jesus? Kasi siya ay King of the Juice (Jews)! (courtesy of Jasmine)
Bakit mayaman si Jesus? Kasi Jesus saves. (courtesy of James)
Bakit malungkot si Jesus? Kasi Jesus cries (Christ)! (courtesy of James again)
9. Hobos. Subway was just right across the hotel so it was the most convenient food haunt for us. One time, Sharms, Steph, Ja and I were approached by a tall hobo who wanted us to give him 20 dollars when we bought sandwiches to eat. 0_0 And he looked dangerous. The guy screamed at us for not handing him the money. XD Another time, we passed by McDo and there was this lady talking to someone we couldn't see. :D I clung to Steph right away. XD
10. Tong-its. On the plane ride back, Ja taught me how to play the game. I never thought I'd get the hang of it. XD
11. Queensland University. For reasons I'd rather not reveal here. :D Nothing harsh.
12. Room 1202. The room I shared with Ja. Probably the messiest of all the ADS quarters. This is the 2nd tournament I've had with Ja as my roommate. XD I had very little sleep during our stay. I'd sleep at 3 am and wake up at 6. The hotel was nice though. :)
13. A full week without coffee. A first this year. :D
I had fun. ;p